Some 40 residents, many from the pioneer families of the district, and the staff and 105 students from Gumeracha Primary School attended the ceremony.
Guests of Honour were Alan and Jan Jamieson, who’s grandfather, Mr William Jamieson MP JP, had officiated at the original ceremony.
One remaining photograph of the original ceremony is held by the History Centre, showing 1909 conditions – a gravel track for the main road, horses, a coach, and nothing but bushes and scrub where now stands the Town Hall and Civic Centre Complex.
Adults enjoyed conversations during a morning tea and the Students enjoyed cake, biscuits and drinks, provided and served by the Hall Committee.
One Class prepared Birthday Cards for the Town Hall with the assembly giving three cheers for the vision and work of the people of 1909.
A programme of events is planned for the year and to be soon announced.